Highlands Physicians, Inc. is pleased to offer presentations by SVMIC on Payment Reform and Patient Experience. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6 from 2:00 to 4:30 PM at HPI’s office at 2004 American Way, Suite 201, Kingsport. Guest speaker will be Jackie Boswell, MBA, FACMPE, Senior Medical Practice Consultant with SVMIC and Stephen Dickens, JD, FACMPE, Senior Consultant in Organizational Dynamics.
New reimbursement models are being tested and implemented by Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payers. The movement to value-based payment can take many forms, but the concept of paying for value and quality of the care delivered is becoming the new normal. This shift in delivery models and reimbursement will impact the way you practice medicine as well as the way both you and your staff interact with patients. This program will give the physician and practice manager guidance in developing a strategy to fit the goals of the organization.
- Understand what “managed care” means in today’s healthcare market.
- Prepare your practice for the new payment models being adopted by payers.
The Patient Experience:
As healthcare trends away from patient satisfaction toward the patient experience, it is important for physicians, practice executives and staff to understand how this shift in ideology will impact their practice. At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify the components to patient engagement
– Patient experience
– Patient understanding/involvement in their care-better health
- Recognize the need to transition from measuring patient satisfaction to patient experience
- Understand the importance of patient experience to the practice’s financial well being.
To enable us to adequately accommodate everyone planning to attend, please RSVP by March 31st to Agnes Lester, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 423.392.1920.
Two $50 drawings will be awarded at the meeting.
Our mailing address is:
Highlands Physicians Inc.
2004 American Way
Kingsport, Tn 37660